Marketing and Communications Account Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Conventures, Inc. 88 Black Falcon Avenue, Suite 202, Boston, MA 02210
Level: 2+ Years of relevant experience
Reports Directly To: Director of Marketing and Communications
Job Description: As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, this all-star will create content for an array of media, work with photography, video, copywriting, and graphic design to curate campaigns for both Conventures and its clients. The candidate will be a social media expert, familiar with the latest trends, and capable of pitching press releases, managing media, compiling media reports, administer advertising campaigns, manage email marketing software, create sponsorship and event marketing materials, and to help with overall media and marketing management tasks surrounding live special events.
Event management a plus, strong organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and team-first attitude a must. Must be a strong writer. Agency experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of purpose, responsibility, ambition, and fun.
Major responsibilities include:
- Strategize communications campaigns for a wide range of clients and across multiple forms of media.
- Create content for Conventures and its clients across social media, email marketing, blog posting, and other mediums.
- Execute the social media strategy for Conventures and its clients.
- Track communications success and quantify effectiveness.
- Manage and update website copy and content for clients.
- Invent content ideas and bring your creativity to work with you every day.
- Schedule and attend regular client meetings and provide progress reports.
- Partner with Conventures account managers to ensure event-specific communications are excellent. This includes pre-event guest communication, on-site announcements, script writing, and occasional speech writing.
- Draft and pitch local and regional media for clients and events.
- Create and strategize on public relations plans, outreach, and delivery.
- Assist with general media, sponsor, and/or guest relations at live events.
- Field media requests and work with the Conventures team for full media relations.
- Remain current and knowledgeable of industry trends and developments.
- Assist with sponsorship account management for event sponsors.
- Assist with on-site event production when required.
- Fantastic writing ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, or related degree preferred.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong account, vendor, and media member relationships.
- Experience with email marketing software, social media management software, and website management software is strongly preferred
- Technical and logistical experience with events; experience in athletics and entertainment desirable but not essential.
- Experience with a creative agency is desirable but not required.
- Must be able to prepare media coverage reports.
- Experience in managing targeted social media campaigns is required.
- Must be able to professionally represent Conventures at client meetings, site inspections, industry and association functions, supplier/partner meetings, and staff meetings.
- Must be able to work in the Boston office full-time (this is not a remote work opportunity).
- Integrity comes first.
- Off-the-charts creativity.
- Ability to think quickly, analytically, and decisively.
- Excellent relationship building skills. Work as a team player.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow employees and key consultants.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of purpose, responsibility, ambition, and fun.
- Understand urgency and when it’s required.
- Understand client management and care.
The Right Fit: We welcome all applicants and appreciate that applicants can possess a wide range of valuable experiences and accomplishments. We know applicants earn experiences through educational, personal, professional, and volunteer experiences, and it all counts. We value well-rounded applicants with a wide range of lived and professional experiences, especially if they can be applied to the work outlined in this job description.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range is competitive and commensurate with lived and professional experience. Conventures will promote your professional growth and development by providing access to a range of benefits that will be discussed at the commencement of employment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and job specific resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. Conventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on age, gender, or religious affiliation.
Conventures requires proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements. Up-to-date means having received all recommended COVID-19 vaccination doses in the primary series and a booster dose(s) when eligible, per CDC guidelines.